What is the National Forum?
The National Forum of Greek Orthodox Church Musicians is the Archdiocesan ministry responsible for liturgical music activities and the development, support, and recognition of church musicians. Chartered in 1976 as an official auxiliary of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, the National Forum serves as the liaison among local church musicians, metropolis church music federations, and the Archdiocese. It also serves as the gathering place for church musicians to discuss issues related to liturgical music and to formulate needed responses.
The National Forum has four major areas of focus:
- Support for CHOIRS, providing resources and activities to improve the quality of choirs and the availability of choral music in the church
- Support for CHANTERS and the preservation of BYZANTINE CHANT
- Support for YOUTH CHURCH MUSIC PROGRAMS, including hymnology and junior choirs
- Support for CLERGY, including parish music ministries, and support for clergy
October 1, 2017 was National Church Music Sunday!
The 2017 Liturgical Guidebooks
The 2017 Liturgical Guidebook is available through the Orthodox Marketplace.
The cost of the 2017 Guidebook is $35.00.
You can order the Guidebook by clicking on this link Liturgical Guide Book, or by calling the toll free number 800-566-1088. The Department of Religious Education can accept payment by credit cards, church PO’s, or checks. DRE will send you an invoice under separate cover.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact Peter Vatsures, Guidebook Editor at 614-263-1343 or E-Mail email@example.com
The 2017 Annual Meeting of the National Forum was held from July 6 through July 9 at St. Nicholas Shrine Church in Flushing, New York!
Youth Music Network
- Have you submitted your 2017 National Forum Stewardship yet?
- Check out and LIKE our National Forum and Youth Music Facebook Pages
Recent Page Updates