What is the National Forum?
The National Forum of Greek Orthodox Church Musicians is the Archdiocesan ministry responsible for liturgical music activities and the development, support, and recognition of church musicians. Chartered in 1976 as an official auxiliary of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, the National Forum serves as the liaison among local church musicians, metropolis church music federations, and the Archdiocese. It also serves as the gathering place for church musicians to discuss issues related to liturgical music and to formulate needed responses.
The National Forum has four major areas of focus:
- Support for CHOIRS, providing resources and activities to improve the quality of choirs and the availability of choral music in the church
- Support for CHANTERS and the preservation of BYZANTINE CHANT
- Support for YOUTH CHURCH MUSIC PROGRAMS, including hymnology and junior choirs
- Support for CLERGY, including parish music ministries, and support for clergy
October 7, 2018 is NATIONAL CHURCH MUSIC SUNDAY!
This year's National Church Music Sunday Poster features St. John Chrysostom.
October 7 is a day to honor our Church Musicians for their contributions to our Liturgical Life throughout the year!
The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom Arranged by Nicholas Roubanis - Selected Hymns in Greek and English
The National Forum is pleased to announce the availibility of the 5th Edition of Nicholas Roubanis' arrangement of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Selected Hymns that have been re-typeset and adapted to the approved English translation. The cost is $15 plus shipping and comes binder-ready (3-hole punched). It can be ordered through the Publications office of the National Forum by contacting Lucy Pappadakis, Publications Chairman at (704) 827-2684 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Music Network
- Have you submitted your 2017 National Forum Stewardship yet?
- Check out and LIKE our National Forum and Youth Music Facebook Pages
Recent Page Updates