What is the National Forum?
The National Forum of Greek Orthodox Church Musicians is the Archdiocesan ministry responsible for liturgical music activities and the development, support, and recognition of church musicians. Chartered in 1976 as an official auxiliary of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, the National Forum serves as the liaison among local church musicians, metropolis church music federations, and the Archdiocese. It also serves as the gathering place for church musicians to discuss issues related to liturgical music and to formulate needed responses.
The National Forum has four major areas of focus:
- Support for CHOIRS, providing resources and activities to improve the quality of choirs and the availability of choral music in the church
- Support for CHANTERS and the preservation of BYZANTINE CHANT
- Support for YOUTH CHURCH MUSIC PROGRAMS, including hymnology and junior choirs
- Support for CLERGY, including parish music ministries, and support for clergy
2014 National Forum Annual Meeting to be held in conjunction with the 42nd Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress
Philadelphia, PA - July 6-10, 2014
Order your copy online directly from the Archdiocese's Orthodox Market Place www.orthodoxmarketplace.com/liturgical-music/2014-liturgical-guidebook.html.
You can also order the Guidebook through the mail. 2014 Liturgical Guidebook Mail-in Order Form
President's Meeting Held in Richmond, Virginia!
The Metropolis President's met with National Chairman Maria Keritsis in March 2014 for their annual meeting.
- Have you submitted your 2014 National Forum Stewardship yet?
- Check out and LIKE our National Forum and Youth Music Facebook Pages
Recent Page Updates