What is the National Forum?
The National Forum of Greek Orthodox Church Musicians is the Archdiocesan ministry responsible for liturgical music activities and the development, support, and recognition of church musicians. Chartered in 1976 as an official auxiliary of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, the National Forum serves as the liaison among local church musicians, metropolis church music federations, and the Archdiocese. It also serves as the gathering place for church musicians to discuss issues related to liturgical music and to formulate needed responses.
The National Forum has four major areas of focus:
- Support for CHOIRS, providing resources and activities to improve the quality of choirs and the availability of choral music in the church
- Support for CHANTERS and the preservation of BYZANTINE CHANT
- Support for YOUTH CHURCH MUSIC PROGRAMS, including hymnology and junior choirs
- Support for CLERGY, including parish music ministries, and support for clergy
The 2016 Liturgical Guidebooks have arrived!
The National Forum has been distributing the Liturgical Guidebook through the Orthodox Marketplace. However, the Orthodox Marketplace has now become a part of the Department of Religious Education (DRE).
Because the Orthodox Marketplace is in a period of transition and the new site is not yet available for online ordering, orders for the 2016 Guidebook may be placed directly with the Department of Religious Education by following the instructions below.
The cost of the 2016 Guidebook is $35.00, which includes shipping and handling.
You can order the Guidebook by FAX, E-Mail, phone, or US Mail. The DRE can accept payment by credit cards, church PO’s, or checks. DRE will send you an invoice under separate cover.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact Peter Vatsures, Guidebook Editor at 614/263-1343 or E-Mail email@example.com
2016 National Forum Annual Meeting
in conjunction with the 2016 Clergy-Laity Congress in Nashville, TN from July 3 to 8, 2016
Youth Music Network
CHRIST IS RISEN Resources
- Have you submitted your 2016 National Forum Stewardship yet?
- Check out and LIKE our National Forum and Youth Music Facebook Pages
Recent Page Updates